Recommendations of the annual reportRecommendations:
What we saw in the year 2011 of attacks on public freedoms and human rights defenders and uprisings prisons and ignoring the issues of missing persons and women and the escalation of sectarian doctrinal, and persistence of some of the call, because each elect a lawmaker for serious indications on the direction the turn when the country is to establish dictatorships and sectarian bombing of sectarian wars, which requires of the living forces of civil and democratic in the Lebanese society and human rights defenders and opponents of torture and the forces of change meet uprisings Arab spring the sectarian system obstruction, each development of a democratic and civilian and the renewal of the act against sectarianism and the launch phase of struggle, new in the life of civil society from the demands of marginalized groups, but are a common and unified even Aastafrd sectarian system and its annexes and civil bodies one after the other.
Sectarainism is torture, fragmentation and disruption to the unity of the people and the nation and it became a major task to deal with this monster of sectarian progress through the development of programs to dismantle the sectarian awareness of the issue from the gate of the economic, social and culture of human rights and focus on citizenship.
Ask the government to:
- Stop the prosecutions against defenders of human rights and commitment to the United Nations Declaration of 1998 on human rights defenders, the state's responsibility to protect them against any risk they are exposed.
- Drop the lawsuits against embassador of universal human rights Ali Aqil Khalil, Lebanese Center for Human Rights.
- Protection of public and personal freedoms and punish the perpetrators.
- Criminalization of religious and sectarian speech and consider them promoters of war criminals against the nation and civil peace.
At the level of prison:
- An independent judicial inquiry into the causes of deaths in prison, Roumyeh and other prisons.
- Review of all the prison system, criminal law and due process.
- Speed up the trials and put an end to the arrest of the reserve.
- The separation of prisoners according to health status, age, type of crime.
- Linking the delivery of health and to invite the Ministry of Health and Ministries of Education, Justice, Social Affairs and the Interior to develop rehabilitation programs.
- The closure of area jails and to accelerate the building of new prisons.
- The release of severe illness or transferred to hospitals for treatment.
- Prepared by the Department of Prisons and has specialized awareness of my rights and human.
- Open the prison to civil society.
- Consider the process of rehabilitation of the prisoner-based treatment.
At the level of victims of enforced disappearance:
- The opening of a comprehensive dialogue on the issue of missing persons as a national issue, humanitarian, working to establish a Commission of Truth and fairness.
- The establishment of an independent national body to investigate the fate of all missing persons wherever they are.
- To ratify the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from
- reparations and collective health and social rehabilitation of victims of enforced disappearance and their families.
- To invite the Working Group on Enforced Disappearances About the UN to visit Lebanon to discuss the missing file.
- To punish the perpetrators of crimes of kidnapping and considered as criminals against humanity.
- Consider April 13 a day of memory.
On the National Plan and the National Commission for Human Rights:
Is an important step, but:
- The theory and the general lack of substantive diagnosis of the situation in Lebanon.
- Not nearly the issue of sectarianism.
- The separation of the establishment of national preventive mechanism to prevent torture, the formation of a national body.
- That the report of the Lebanon front of the UPR is the basis of the national plan.
- Giving priority to the issue of socio-economic.
- Be the issue of women is the essence of the national plan and the basis.
- Marginalized civil society organizations.
- To keep pace with the national plan and the Arab spring to promote and protect human rights and the criminalization of torture and sectarian incitement.
About the UPR :
1 - a practical mechanism to implement the recommendations approved by the Lebanon before the Human Rights Council on 17 March 2011.
2 - submission of overdue reports and a timetable for that.
3 - the ratification of international conventions such as enforced disappearances, refugees and the abolition of the death penalty and the rights of persons with disabilities.
4 - a national conference on the report of the UPR Lebanon and conduct a serious dialogue between government and civil society in preparation for the accountability of Lebanon in the 23 session of the Human Rights Council, 2015.
- Consolidate efforts and develop a process of coordination between them on the basis of general and sectoral issues.
- The development of programs based on the needs of target groups and not on the agenda of the taxpayer.
- Actively engaged in trade union movements, democracy and civil jointly.
- Against racism plan organization.
- As a campaign of criminalization of domestic violence nationally-year affair and not occasional.
- Full autonomy for the parties to further the power and opposition.
- Give priority to economic and social rights and the environment.
- Establish an observatory to monitor the implementation of the recommendations of the government to the UPR.
- Respond decisively to a wave of racism and xenophobia.
- Giving marginalized groups of persons with disabilities and victims of violence, torture, children and prisoners of paramount importance.